Covid 19 Updates as of May 2021
Covid-19 Protocols of the Archdiocese of Boston
- As of May 29, 2021, vaccinated people are no longer required to wear masks or socially distance in our parishes.
- This statement applies to worship and other parish activities, but not to schools and not to the office space. Further guidelines will be issued for those two areas.
- Parishes and pastors will not be policing the population. Every parishioner and every family will be expected to make a sound, reasonable decision about when they are ready to take off their masks and be near other people. No pastor and no parish will be expected to ask people whether or not they have been vaccinated.
- The pastor has a high degree of discretion in the implementation of all of these changes. Some pastors may make changes quickly, and others may make them slowly. Pastors are encouraged to engage parish leadership in a conversation about how best to make the changes in their respective parishes.
- There is no longer a distinct set of protocols for parishes in red zones.