In the Sacrament of Baptism, parents accept the responsibility to train their children in the
practices of the Catholic faith. The Religious Education program of St. Mary’s Parish is here
to assist parents in this training in the following ways.
- Teaching children and youth to worship God in Spirit and Truth, especially through the celebration of the sacraments with a special devotion to the Holy Eucharist.
- Nourishing Christian Community in the family, in the life of the parish, and in the communities in which we live.
- Proclaiming the Good News of Jesus Christ to all persons, inviting children and youth to carry on this mission.
- Teaching the saving message of Christ so that all believers may come to a deeper understanding, conversion, and love of the living God through the work of the Holy Spirit
- Teaching compassion toward our brothers and sisters, particularly the poor and needy, by generous acts of charity and by promoting peace and justice in the world.
We hope this email finds you, and your families, healthy, safe, and enjoying summer.
Thank you for your patience as we review our program for the upcoming 2020-2021 Faith Formation school year at St. Mary’s. We have carefully evaluated all options including on-site classes and remote learning. The health and safety of our families and volunteers is very important to us. Therefore, we have decided not to meet on-site this year.
Instead, we are excited to offer a new Faith Formation Remote Learning Program this school year, which will include home-based activities and lessons coupled with some Zoom and/or “in-person” meetings with parents/ guardians and the Pastor, Religious Ed. Director and a Faith Formation Catechist.
Program for Grades K – 6
The program will run from December - May.
Families with children in grades kindergarten - 6th grade will follow the online program “Catholicbrain.com”
Families will be shown how their children can access the Lessons plans and homework from “Catholicbrain.com”
Catechists will send weekly emails to parents with lessons and activities.
Families will be provided with all print and online materials and updates throughout the year.
Our hope is that each week, families will spend time reviewing and discussing the lessons and activities.
Saint Mary Catholic Church has a parish subscription to a unique resource found at
Formed.org is a website where you have a collection of catholic lessons which include Programs (like the ENTIRE series of Bishop Robert Barron’s “Catholicism”), Catholic movies (stories of saints), Audio (CD’s of talks from Lighthouse Catholic Media), and even books to read (writings of the Pope)!
Many parishes in the Archdiocese of Boston are subscribed to this exciting new online platform, FORMED.org. This “Catholic version of Netflix” can be streamed to your TV or mobile device and contains some of the best Catholic content there is – video series, movies, books and study programs – all to help you grow in your faith, find deeper peace with God, and share what you believe with others.
FORMED enables personal study, parish-based small groups, family discussion, and outreach to loved ones who no longer practice their Faith. It works in youth ministry, children’s catechesis, sacramental preparation, marriage enrichment, adult faith formation, RCIA and more.
You can see what’s on FORMED by checking out the trailer below.
HOW DO I CONNECT TO FORMED?
- To access our parish subscription to FORMED, go to FORMED.org
- Click “Sign Up” and then Select "Sign Up as a Parishioner"
- Find your parish by name (St. Mary Catholic Church Cambridge) or zip code (02139)
- Enter your name and email. Then you are all set.